Friday, July 8, 2011

What's The Relationship Worth!

A relationship cannot have a dollar amount put on it. Developing a long lasting relationship is probally the most important thing I have done for my on line business.

It's not just about helping people out because even a phoney can do that. It's the way you treat someone after the trust has been established, that's what counts.

It's a hard thing not hiding from bad news. This is something that you will all go through. Especially when you lead a team and those people look and count on you for answers. As a leader it's great to be able to report all the wonderful things, and the congratulations. I love that.

When I was told of problems and looked into it and couldn't find the answer to the problem, I wrestled with it trying to find the answer and then when I couldn't to report that news as well.  I worried about the reputation I had built up and what would happen to it.

It occurred to me the only way to handle it was to be up front, honest and make the recommendation that no one really wanted to hear. It was the only way for me to maintain that reputation I worked so hard to build.

I have to tell you that the bad news I reported was taken in and the recommendations were agreed upon and everything as far as the individual relationships with the people involved went on as if nothing had happened.

So there is your lesson from the Professor for today.

DreamHost promotional codes

2 comments:

  1. That's EXACTLY the way to do it right my friend ! You keep on being upfront and an honest person, and you'll continue to go even further than you already have ! I'll continue recommending you.
    Rhonda Howard

    ReplyDelete
  2. The news was received quite well by the members in the Skype room. Up front and honest is always the best way to go.

    ReplyDelete